Elder Pages Online is owned by Tasha Beauchamp, a research scientist and health educator who worked for 18 years creating multimedia interventions for the National Institutes of Health. (The primary focus of her research involved worksite interventions for family caregivers funded by the National Institute on Aging.)
You would be working with a virtual team of committed social entrepreneurs with various areas of specialization—graphics, technology, writing, marketing—who have been working together for 8+ years.
We assist Elder Pages Online clients in distinguishing their businesses through the distribution of branded newsletters, e-newsletters, blogs, handouts, and presentations. Each client business receives an area exclusive. (None of their local competitors can license our resources.)
Elder Pages Online clients are hospices, home care agencies, and geriatric care managers across the country.
Contract Writer needed for monthly syndicated newsletter for family caregivers of older adults (typically adult daughters and sons).
Scope of work
We produce three, 300-word, evidence-based articles each month written to the eighth-grade reading level (national standard for health literacy). Each article goes through six processes in a four- to six-week timeframe:
- Research $150
- Writing $150
- Editing (already handled)
- Professional review (already handled)
- Copyediting (already handled)
- Data entry and broadcast (already handled)
Depending on your interest, available time, and areas of expertise, you may be involved in one to three articles each month, doing research and/or writing. This would be work for hire. There is no byline and Elder Pages Online would hold the copyright.
In particular, we want to expand our team with a writer who has expertise related to
- Gen X, Millennial, and Gen Z family caregivers (according to AARP, 58% of family caregivers are now in these three generations).
- paying for care: Social Security, VA benefits, Medicare/Medicaid, and other health insurance topics. Requires a national focus.
- technology and eldercare. We don’t do product recommendations, but we like to compile questions for those considering new apps or tech devices.
We are growing as a company. There may be other opportunities to expand your participation, depending on your interests and our clients’ needs (e.g., social media, digital advertising, e-booklets, PowerPoints, webinars). We are open to ideas.
If you are passionate about helping older adults and their families, check out our online newsletter and the 12+ years of past issues to get a sense of how we support families while boosting our clients’ visibility and expertise.
To apply. By 11:59 pm (Pacific) on Friday, May 21, 2021, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Writer
- Cover letter, no more than 500 words. Please describe the context for your interest. We are particularly interested in knowing about your
- writing experience
- experience with eldercare, especially family caregivers (Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, Gen Z)
- personal attraction to the kind of work we do
- One to three samples of writing, 300–500 words each, eighth- to tenth-grade reading level (does not have to be a published piece). Prefer topics around aging or eldercare, but can be health oriented (physical or mental). We’re looking for your ability to explain health science succinctly and in a friendly way.
Questions? Please email email@example.com. (Unscheduled phone calls usually result in a frustrating game of phone tag, as most days I am on the phone with clients doing trainings.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Return to top
Experienced GMB Specialist (Facebook too?)
We are looking for a tech collaborator to assist ≈60-100 clients to
- Improve their GMB presence
- Add automated blog posts to their GMB
- Set up filtered Google Reviews to display in their websites, determining best layout and filtering strategies and placement for the individual client.
- Help clients implement a system to gracefully ask for good reviews
- Coach clients on how to use their GMB page to maximum benefit
- Review/audit our materials to dovetail optimally with GMB possibilities
We’re looking for a warm, conscientious and passionate professional with a heart for elders to serve as our GMB partner.
- WordPress experience is a must.
- So far we are looking at several plugin for reviews and for posting blogs out to GMB, but we are open to your suggestions.
Extra credit: Are you conversant in Facebook’s Recommendations system? We are also looking at displaying these on our clients’ websites.
Ready to apply?
By 11:59 pm (Pacific) on Friday, May 21, 2021, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: GMB expert
- Years of experience with GMB
- Your website and resume (if you have one) or LinkedIn profile
- Some examples of client you have managed or are managing (ideally at least one is service-based business) including their GMB and the website where their reviews are displayed.
- If you have Facebook experience, please include pages you have managed and their websites where reviews are displayed.
If you are inclined, we will eventually want to talk with you about
Return to top
- Number of clients you could on-board in a month
- What you offer in terms of on-going coaching and your optimal account load